A classic dish with a twist, this vegan Chickpea Caesar Pasta Salad is full of creamy Caesar dressing and crunchy chickpea croutons! A great side or entree!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces dry pasta (any shape)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- Vegan parmesan*
1) Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2) After draining and rinsing chickpeas, pat dry. Add to baking sheet; spray with a bit of cooking spray. Sprinkle on the paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir chickpeas with a wooden spoon to coat evenly.
3) Bake for 15 minutes, until crispy.
4) Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
5) In a large bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, parsley, pasta, and chickpeas, reserving some for topping. Stir to combine.
6) In a blender or food processor, add cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, capers, mustard, miso, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Blend until completely smooth.
7) Pour the dressing over the salad. Stir until all ingredients are evenly coated.
8) Top with additional chickpeas and vegan parmesan and serve!
*For the vegan parmesan: In a blender or food processor, add 1/4 cup cashews, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Blend until the cashews are finely crumbled. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.